The military mocked the inhabitants of one of the villages of the Chernihiv region
Two servicemen of the Russian Federation will be tried in Chernihiv region for ill-treatment of civilians and sexual abuse over a minor.
This was reported by the press service Chernihiv Regional Prosecutor’s Office.
According to the information, the juvenile prosecutors of the regional prosecutor’s office have completed a pre-trial investigation in criminal proceedings on the fact of the ill-treatment of civilians by military personnel of the armed forces of the Russian Federation during the occupation of a village in the Chernihiv region.
According to the investigation, in March 2022, two servicemen of the Russian Federation settled in the house where the family lived – a minor girl, her brother and grandmother.
“The commander of the unit repeatedly tried to rape a 16-year-old girl, using physical and psychological violence against her. In order to overcome resistance, he hit her on the head with a weapon and choked her. He threatened to kill her relatives and give the victim to other servicemen of the Russian Federation for rape. Also repeatedly in frosty weather, the defendants held the girl’s brother in the courtyard of the house in handcuffs and without outerwear, inflicted bodily harm,” the report says.
In connection with the concealment of the military of the Russian Federation from the investigation, the latter were put on the wanted list and the court granted permission to carry out a special pre-trial investigation with respect to them.
Now the indictment against two servicemen of the Russian Federation under Part 1 of Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine has been sent to court for consideration on the merits.
In general, according to the regional prosecutor’s office, in the period from February 24, 2022 to this time, as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation on the territory of the Chernihiv region, 478 civilians were killed, of which 334 were men, 122 were women, and 22 were minors; 693 civilians were injured.
It is established that 43 people died as a result of airstrikes; 231 – as a result of shelling; 90 – as a result of executions from automatic weapons, including during evacuation in vehicles. 1328 criminal proceedings have been initiated and are being investigated.
So far, 31 people have been reported on suspicion of committing war crimes, of which 25 are servicemen of the armed forces of the Russian Federation. 4 indictments were submitted to the court for consideration.
As UNIAN previously reported, the wife of a Ukrainian soldier from the Azovstal plant, Arseniy Fedosyuk, said that the relatives of the military who left the plant, threats are received from the numbers of Russian operators. Unknown men threaten with violence and death.