THIS MESSAGE (MATERIAL) IS CREATED AND (OR) DISTRIBUTED BY A FOREIGN MASS MEDIA PERFORMING THE FUNCTIONS OF A FOREIGN AGENT AND (OR) A RUSSIAN LEGAL ENTITY PERFORMING THE FUNCTIONS OF A FOREIGN AGENT.
In early August, the combined wealth of the 25 richest Russian businessmen amounted to $322.57 billion. Over the past eight months, this amount has decreased by 60.25 billion. Such calculations are given by Prime, referring to the rating data of billionaires. Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
The top five richest Russians according to Bloomberg are:
- Vladimir Potanin – $31.6 billion Since the beginning of the year, he has increased his fortune by $691 million.
- Leonid Mikhelson – $26.7 billion Over the past eight months, he has lost 5.73 billion.
- Vladimir Lisin – $22.5 billion His fortune was reduced by 5.5 billion.
- Alexei Mordashov – $20.6 billion According to the agency, he lost the most since the beginning of the year – 8.2 billion.
- Alisher Usmanov – $20.4 billion His losses amounted to 894 million.
In addition to Potanin, Andrei Guryev (more by 2.58 billion), Tatyana Bakalchuk (more by 1.15 billion), Andrey Skoch (more by 218 million) were able to increase their fortune.
In addition to Mordashov, Gennady Timchenko suffered major losses (his fortune decreased by 5.81 billion), Roman Abramovich (-5.98 billion), Viktor Rashnikov (-4.92 billion).
The day before the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, February 23, RIA Novosti calculatedthat the combined wealth of the richest Russians in the Bloomberg billionaire ranking (at that time 23 people) was $342.74 billion. The agency calculated that this amount has decreased by 32 billion since the beginning of the year.
In early April, RIA Novosti calculatedthat the total wealth of the richest Russian businessmen, represented in the Bloomberg rating (then it included 22 Russians), amounted to $299.47 billion, and the value of their assets since the beginning of the year has fallen by $50.1 billion.