Top Stories

A five-year-old Russian died of watermelon poisoning Russian news EN

In Volgograd, a five-year-old boy died of poisoning after eating watermelon

AT Volgograd A five-year-old Russian died after eating a watermelon bought the day before. This is reported on website Investigative Committee (IC) of Russia by region.

On October 27, a 58-year-old man and his 5- and 11-year-old grandchildren felt unwell after eating a watermelon bought at a vegetable stand. The next day, the children had to be hospitalized with poisoning.

Despite the assistance provided, the five-year-old boy died in the hospital. The girl is currently receiving medical care.

“According to the preliminary conclusions of forensic medical examinations, the death of a young boy was the result of toxic gastroenteritis,” the UK said in a statement.

The investigation opened a criminal case under the article “Providing services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in the death of a person by negligence.”

In August at Moscow the male hit in intensive care with a diagnosis of “toxic effect of an unspecified substance” after eating a watermelon bought on the market.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button