In the Slavic direction, the enemy used artillery for shelling.
The General Staff recorded the movement of individual units Russians troops from Slavic to Zaporozhye direction.
This is stated in the evening summary of the General Staff.
“In the Slavyansk direction, the enemy used artillery for shelling. At the same time, the movement of individual enemy units from the Slavyansk to the Zaporozhye direction was recorded,” the military informs.
The situation in the east as of the evening
- During July 31, the occupiers unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation in the areas of the top, Soledar, Yakovlevka and Pokrovsky in the Bakhmut direction.
- The Russian assault also failed in the areas of Kamenka and Peskov. In the Avdiivka area, individual enemy subunits are having partial success. The enemy shelled the territories, in particular, inflicted air strikes.
- The attempts of enemy scouts to reveal the positions of our troops in the Serebryanka area in the Kramatorsk direction were also unsuccessful.
- The enemy used a UAV for reconnaissance near Grigorovka. He carried out shelling of territories from cannon, rocket artillery and tanks, and launched air strikes.
- In the Novopavlovsk direction, the enemy carried out aerial reconnaissance of the UAV near Stepnogorsk and Mirny. Enemy shelling was recorded in areas of a number of settlements, air strikes were also inflicted.
As UNIAN wrote, the Armed Forces of Ukraine can completely liberate the Zaporozhye region from the Russian invaders until the end of 2022, the head of the Zaporizhzhya Regional Military Administration Oleksandr Starukh is convinced.
On the approaches to Zaporozhye built massive lines of defense. Hundreds of kilometers of trenches have already been dug, and this number continues to grow.