This bright and delicious red lentil soup with lemon and cilantro will quickly become a favorite dish in your kitchen. It has only a few ingredients and is very easy to prepare.
- red lentils – about 450 g;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l.;
- cilantro – 1 bunch;
- garlic cloves – 4 pcs.
- lemon – 1 pc;
- water – 8 glasses;
- salt – to taste.
How to make red lentil and cilantro soup:
- Transfer the lentils to a large plate and remove any debris.
- Rinse the lentils well in a fine-mesh colander until the water runs clear.
- In a large soup pot, add water, lentils, and salt. Boil for about 20 minutes. The lentils should turn yellow. Remove foam.
- While the red lentils are cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the minced cilantro and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. (or until the cilantro turns dark green).
- When the lentils are soft and cooked, add the garlic and cilantro to the pot, squeeze in a third of the lemon and stir well.
- Simmer over low heat for another 20 minutes.
Lentils can also make soup puree. To do this, you will need onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger root.