Spicy horseradish is prepared much easier than most similar sauces, since the ingredients do not require heat treatment. The sauce goes well not only with meat and fish, it is also suitable for serving with dumplings, or even aspic.
- horseradish root – 200 g;
- tomatoes – 2 kg;
- garlic – 200 g;
- salt – 3 tbsp. l.
We will need:
- pre-sterilized 500 ml jars;
- sterilized lids;
- meat grinder or blender.
Step by step recipe:
- We cut the tomatoes into quarters and first pass through a fine sieve of a meat grinder into a deep bowl.
- Add salt, mix. Leave for 15 minutes, let the salt completely dissolve.
- Now, through the same sieve, grind the peeled garlic cloves to the tomatoes.
- Next, grind the peeled and diced horseradish root. We mix everything thoroughly.
- The sauce itself is already ready to serve, but for storage it must be transferred to pre-sterilized jars.
- We twist the jars filled with sauce with lids and send them to the refrigerator.
For most of these sauces and other homemade preparations for the winter, it is better to take strong, ripe tomatoes. Previously, “Profile” wrote about other delicious and simple recipes. tomato preparations.