The colder it is outside the window, the more pleasant it will be to enjoy hot and hearty soup. You can try the option with tomatoes and pearl barley. This dish will please you and your household this fall.
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon;
- celery stalk – 2 pcs.;
- carrots – 1 pc.;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- garlic cloves – 2-3 pcs.;
- vegetable broth – 1 liter;
- chopped tomatoes in their own juice – about 450 g;
- pearl barley – 70 g;
- salt – to taste;
- parsley – to taste;
- black pepper – to taste.
- Pour barley with boiling water for 30-40 minutes, then put it on a sieve and rinse in cold water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add chopped onion and garlic, chopped carrots and celery stalks. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the broth in a saucepan, add the tomatoes and pearl barley, mix everything well.
- Bring everything to a boil, cover with a lid, then reduce the heat. Add salt.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes until barley is cooked through. Add more water or vegetable stock if needed.
- Divide the soup between bowls before serving. Top with finely chopped parsley and black pepper.
Can also be done tomato soup with rice. It’s perfect for those days when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, but still want a warm, hearty and at the same time delicious dish. All you need is a few simple ingredients and 30 minutes.