You can cook homemade boiled pork not only in the oven, but also in a slow cooker. When hot, this is a hearty and tasty main course, and when cold, it is a great appetizer and an alternative to sausage or ham from the store. If you use enough fat pork, you can do without bacon.
- a piece of boneless pork pulp – 900 g;
- bacon (unsalted bacon) – 100 g;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- vegetable oil – 1-2 tbsp. l.;
- mustard – 1 tsp;
- paprika, ground pepper, coriander, garlic powder – to taste.
- Rinse and dry the piece of meat.
- Combine salt, spices, vegetable oil and mustard, mix thoroughly.
- Cut the bacon into thin long strips.
- With a thin sharp knife, make deep punctures in a piece of meat. Place a piece of bacon in each of them, after dipping it in a mixture with spices. If lard is not being used, skip this step.
- Rub the rest of the spice and oil mixture on all sides of the meat. Place in a baking bag and tie tightly with twine or kitchen string.
- Leave the prepared meat for marinating in the refrigerator for 12-18 hours.
- Put the bag with meat in a slow cooker, pour in 200-250 ml of water. Cook on the “Stew” mode for 2.5 hours. During this time, you can turn the bag of meat over 2-3 times so that the juice released from the pork is evenly distributed inside the bag.
- Take the cooked pork out of the multicooker. If you plan to use it as a cold appetizer, let the meat cool completely before removing the twine (kitchen string) and baking bag.
Baked meat is suitable for everyday menu, and as a treat for a holiday. cook fragrant homemade ham can be in the oven.