Pickled onions not only retain all their beneficial properties, but also give the products a unique taste. Such a vegetable is often added to salads, barbecue and other dishes.
To prepare the marinade, you will need:
- onions – 4-5 pcs.;
- garlic – 2-3 teeth;
- vinegar – 2-3 tbsp. l.;
- vegetable oil – 5 tbsp. l.;
- sugar – 2-3 tsp;
- Bay leaf;
- black pepper;
- dry parsley and dill;
- First, the onion should be cut into rings or half rings, put into a convenient container, add herbs, spices, salt and sugar.
- All ingredients are poured with vinegar and mixed thoroughly.
- Next, fry the garlic in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Pour boiling oil over the onion to bring down the bitterness. After that, the garlic can be removed from the onion, but you can leave it – it all depends on personal taste.
- Mix all products, transfer to a glass container and store in the refrigerator.
Such an onion will perfectly complement a salad, meat dishes or a sandwich.
Onions can not only be pickled, but also made from it delicious cheese balls. After a quick deep-frying, it can also be an appetizer or a light side dish to more complex dishes.