According to professionals, the most difficult thing in cooking lagman is making noodles. If you cook the dish according to the rules, the purchased one will not work – you need to make it yourself. But there are other secrets as well. They concern, among other things, the choice of ingredients. Chef Maxim Tarusin told about how to cook lagman properly.
For those who have never cooked lagman, Tarusin advises taking ready-made noodles. Suitable fresh, not frozen, writes “Deli”. When making your own noodles, you need four ingredients:
- durum flour with low gluten content;
- vegetable oil.
- You need to knead a cool dough and let it “rest” for a couple of hours.
- Then it is kneaded and stretched with wet hands to maximum plasticity, lubricated with vegetable oil, rolled into a thick tourniquet and left for another 30 minutes.
- After the dough is cut into pieces, each is coated with butter, rolled into thin flagella and left again for 30 minutes.
- Next, each flagellum is pulled out to about half a meter, again lubricated with oil, covered with a towel and left again for 20-30 minutes.
- The last stage – the tourniquet is taken at both ends, folded, thrown over the palm, and the dough is beaten on the table. The finished noodles are again greased with oil and set aside, covered with a film.
Broth for lagman
Prepare it ahead of time. It should be rich and rich. It is best to take meat on the bone. You can also add onions, carrots and other roots. The lagman broth is cooked for two to three hours.
Meat, vegetables and other ingredients for lagman
The next step is to prepare the waji, a meat and vegetable sauce. Traditionally, any meat is used for lagman, with the exception of pork. Tarusin prefers young lamb. From vegetables, he advises taking onions, garlic, Beijing cabbage, green beans, green and red peppers, tomatoes or tomato paste. From spices – star anise, cumin and coriander. You can add cinnamon. Waju is cooked on fat tail or beef fat. If you do not like such a fatty option, you can use ordinary vegetable oil.
It is better to cook the noodles themselves in portions, stirring so that they do not stick to the bottom and stick together. First, the noodles are laid out on plates, then they are poured with a thick sauce of meat and vegetables.
Spicy lozi sauce for lagman is made separately. It contains garlic, hot and sweet peppers. They need to be crushed with a blender and fried in oil, adding salt and coriander. It is served in a separate dish so that everyone can adjust the spiciness of the dish to taste.
The secret of a delicious lagman lies in the fact that the dough must always be closed so that it does not dry out, the brand chef of the Uzbek cuisine restaurant said earlier. He also shared other secrets, how to cook lagman.