Onions are rarely served as an independent dish, but after the marinade, they have every chance of becoming a favorite snack for family and guests. In this version, the onions are marinated as a whole: they can then be served with meat and fish dishes, or put on the table as a full-fledged snack.
- shallots – 500 g;
- salt – 50 g;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) – 500 ml;
- honey – 200 g;
- water – 1 l.
Step by step recipe:
- Transfer the onion to a deep bowl.
- Bring water to a boil. Pour her an onion.
- Let the onion cool, drain the liquid.
- Remove the top layer from the onion.
- Transfer the bulbs to a clean container. Sprinkle with salt and mix gently.
- Now add vinegar, then honey. Mix again.
- Transfer the onion to a jar with a screw-top lid. We put in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Onions can not only be pickled, but made from it delicious cheese balls. After a quick deep-frying, it can also be an appetizer or a light side dish to more complex dishes.